Most colleges have application deadlines that fall within the months of November, December, and January. However, there are plenty of colleges whose admissions deadlines extend beyond January. Several resources list all of the “Late Application” colleges, but let’s focus on the best of the colleges with February deadlines. After all, you probably don’t want to be dragging out your college applications much beyond January, especially when you should be thinking more about scholarships and maintaining a good academic standing at your high school.
What are the top five colleges that have February admissions deadlines?
Since there are hundreds of colleges you can still apply to in February, you may be overwhelmed by the options. Here is a list I’ve created from available data online. You may be surprised to see that some of these colleges are highly ranked.
Note: Some of these colleges have Early Action or Early Decision deadlines in November. The February deadlines are for Regular Decision.
1. University of Michigan (2/1) - ranked #27 in the nation!
2. University of Wisconsin-Madison (2/1) - ranked #49 in the nation!
3. Baylor University (2/1) - ranked #4 in Texas!
4. Texas Christian University (TCU) (2/15) - ranked #5 in Texas!
5. University of Kentucky (2/15) - flagship college of the state and ranked higher overall than other state colleges with February deadlines!
Hopefully this list gives you hope if you have been dragging your feet on sending out applications. Make 2019 the year that you buckle down and get into your dream college!
Need last-minute help on your college applications? Not sure how to approach an essay prompt? Get professional advice with our college admissions services. We want to make sure you start your new year off with a bang!