3 Easy Ways to Improve Your ACT Score NOW!
Many students are not aware that the ACT is just as valid as the SAT when it comes to college admissions. So, if you are struggling to improve your SAT score, try the ACT for a change!
Here are some pros and cons of the ACT versus the SAT.
1. ACT questions are less tricky and more straightforward, much like what you see in your school classes.
2. There is no penalty for wrong answers.
3. There is a Science section, which may benefit those who are stronger in math and science subjects.
4. It’s easier to get a perfect score on the ACT because the ACT averages your scores from all four sections rather than adding them up.
1. ACT gives you less time per question, so you may make more mistakes or not finish the section.
2. ACT sections are longer, making it harder to sustain your focus and attention throughout.
3. ACT Math includes Pre-Calculus, which you may not have taken yet at school.
4. ACT formatting may feel unnatural if you’ve been training for the SAT.
Given the pros and cons of the ACT, here are three easy ways to improve your ACT score NOW!
1. Take the test untimed at first, then decrease the time little by little until you reach your target time. This will help you improve your speed without sacrificing accuracy.
2. Unlike the SAT, ACT questions do not increase in order of difficulty. When you come across a problem you cannot solve, skip it and move on to the questions you can solve and then come back to it later. If you still don’t know the answer, just make your best educated guess and pick an answer since there is no penalty for guessing wrong.
3. Don’t waste your time scrutinizing the graphs, tables, and the reading passages in the Science section. Just skim them to get the gist of the idea then go straight to the questions. The questions will direct you to where you need to look more closely. This approach will save you a lot of time, and it may be the only way to finish the Science section on time!
Hope this helps! Happy studying, everyone!